New Calendar Procedures
Hey everyone! The gym is growing and I need your help. The sign up system we have is very important to our continued growth and respect as an organized and reputable gym. We are now running in to situations where the system is being abused leaving other members without the ability to come. An applicable example is last night. At the beginning of the day and most of the day, both evening classes were full and the 6:30pm class had 4 people on the wait list. By the time class came there were only 3 of the original 10 at the 6:30 and 3 of the original 6 at 7:30. As you can imagine, this causes a lot of frustration for myself and those that couldn't come because the classes were showing full most of the day.
Here is my quick fix for these situations:
1) Only sign up for a class that you absolutely know you are going to make. If you are not sure then wait until you are sure to sign up. I know this is different than what you are used to but it is the only way to be fair to every member.
2) If there is an absolute last minute emergency and you cannot come, please text me to cancel your spot.
3) Occasionally check your email or the online calendar if you are on a wait list. I have fixed the email system so you will get an email if you are automatically upgraded from wait list to a reserved spot. If you get bumped to a reserved spot and don't show then you just took a spot from someone else and it is considered a no show.
4) If you sign up for a class you cannot sign up for the waiting list of another. I have seen many instances where a member is bumped from wait list to reserved and the entire day they are signed up for 2 classes taking 2 reserved spots. If you do end up seeing a spot that IS available and want to change classes within 6 hours of the class just text me and I will make that happen.
5) If you have more than 2 last-minute cancellations (last minute is qualified as 6 hours prior to the class) or no shows in a month there will be a penalty of 100 burpees that must take place in the gym. Also be advised that in the future there will be a monetary charge set up. Another CrossFit gym I am in touch with has a monetary penalty set in place and it has helped solve a lot of issues that we currently have.
You guys know I care about you big time and want you to succeed and enjoy our CrossFit classes to the max. This is why I HAVE to be strict with the spots that are available to be fair to every paying member. What's great is we plan on getting a bigger gym very soon and we will be able to have more members in a class and offer more class times. Even at that point, we will have popular classes and need to value those reserved spots.
Thank you guys so much for respecting these changes even though they may be uncomfortable. We appreciate you guys and your willingness to walk through this journey with us more than you will ever know. WOD on my friends!
Shane Bonilla, CrossFit III
Posted on Thu, November 21, 2013
by Shane Bonilla