Teams of 3 - Point System Based - Highest group point total wins!
SIGN UP: (by Tuesday night 7/10) https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qsUYUISlErMayHdeYEd3jTFuQXi2HZlwcKAsbMZ0I04/edit?usp=sharing
WHEN: Soft start is Wednesday July 11th (to get used to myfitnesspal and how to count macros) but official point system starts Monday July 16th & Ends Wednesday Aug 14th
INVESTMENT: $40 per person
WHAT DO I NEED?:
1) MyFitnessPal app (https://www.myfitnesspal.com/)
2) Food Scale (one like this https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0113UZJE2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)
3) Measuring tools and measuring conversion chart is beneficial (https://www.amazon.com/Magnetic-Kitchen-Conversion-Social-Chef/dp/B015GHZXZI/ref=sr_1_6?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1531159747&sr=1-6&keywords=measuring+conversion+magnet)
4) To go tupperware or glassware to pack your food! (Glass is way better for heating up in but it will cost a little more. But you'll have them for years! https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074DQG97P/ref=sspa_dk_detail_5?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B074DQG97P&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=1713835751726239774&pf_rd_r=FQ491Z1HAZSPRGQMKY3A&pd_rd_wg=TihE1&pf_rd_s=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_t=40701&pd_rd_w=5lyKP&pf_rd_i=desktop-dp-sims&pd_rd_r=b2ff5aa7-83a2-11e8-9c69-252c111cdb03)
5) Google doc for your team (you will be invited to this)
REWARD: Winning team splits half the pot! (If 20 ppl sign up then each winning member receives $133) The other half of the pot is being reinvested back into the gym so you win regardless!
GUIDELINES: We will be incorporating Macro Counting (using an app like myfitnesspal) into the guidelines for the eating portion of this challenge. There is no official diet designated however there is a point system associated with macro %s. The diet you choose should fit in to the assigned macro %s and you will have to hit those #s to gain points. We will assign %s to each participant based on your goals. A coach will be assigned to your team as well!
- Eating - 10 pts for a perfect eating day
- Exercise - 5 pts for daily WOD or 15+ mins of exercise
- Water - 3 pts for 50% of your body weight in ounces of water
- Sleep - 3 pts for a 7+ hour night of sleep
- Mobility - 3 pts for 10+ mins of stretching/mobility
- Performance Goals (2x/wk you can earn 3 pts for working on your performance goal for 10+ mins. So 6 pts available per week. Ex: I want to get a MU. On Monday and Fri I spend 10 solid mins doing extra drills that will advance me toward a MU. I earned 6 pts that week. Up to 2 performance goals can be set)
Total daily points for the team will be tallied. Most points WINS!
PERFECT EATING DAY: (motto: When in doubt, leave it out.)
ALL EATING DETAILS COMING SOON!
RESOURCES: Calorie and macro suggestions https://tdeecalculator.net
This is about YOUR journey. We want you to succeed and we want you to create a consistent lifestyle that lines up with your health goals. This isn’t a short term solution to a long term goal. That is why we’re going for a balanced approach. Realistic. Doable.We also want you to feel empowered and in control of your cravings. We don’t want you to be “addicted” to anything. You have the power, not the food! If you need to go ALL OUT and say no cheating for 30 days then do it!! We know you can! Your team will be there for you and you’ll be surprised at the end of the 30 days that you might not miss that stuff as much as you thought.Remember, this is a team effort. If you slip, your team suffers. Yes, that is some pressure but that’s what it takes. We don’t want anyone quitting halfway through because they weren’t perfect so this is a chance for your 2 other teammates to lift you back on the horse and make it happen. GIVE US 30 DAYS!
I love the below from the Whole30 site.
- "This is not hard. Don’t you dare tell us this is hard. Beating cancer is hard. Birthing a baby is hard. Losing a parent is hard. Drinking your coffee black. Is. Not. Hard. You’ve done harder things than this, and you have no excuse not to complete the program as written. It’s only thirty days, and it’s for the most important health cause on earth—the only physical body you will ever have in this lifetime."